Your Search Committee has been working especially hard this month. For three weekends in a row, we met with each of our pre-candidates, and in some cases, their significant others, too. We conducted extensive, formal interviews as well as meeting with the minister and their spouse/partner socially. Most
importantly, we heard each of the three preach at another UU congregation. We’re pleased to report that they’re all good, each in their own way. We now face the challenging task of deciding which of the three we will invite to be our ministerial candidate.
We cannot make an offer of candidacy until 11:00 am on Thursday, April 7. Once our invitation of candidacy has been accepted, a contract signed, and a criminal background check completed, we will be able to announce the name of our candidate to all of you. Then, it’s your turn to get to know the candidate and ultimately, decide if that person will be called as our new, settled minister.
Each member of MSUS should be aware of these critical dates:
- Week of April 11 — announce name of candidate to congregation
- April 14 — Notice of Special Congregational Meeting to be held on Sunday, April 24 is sent to voting members
- April 16-24 — Candidating Week Activities
- Sunday, April 17 — Candidate preaches (both services)
- Ice Cream Social after 10:30 Service to Meet the Candidate
- Friday, April 22, 4:00 — 6:00 Candidate Open House
- Sunday, April 24
- Candidate preaches (both services)
- Congregation votes on whether to call candidate as our congregation’s minister — after second service
- Throughout the week — Candidate will meet with board, staff, committees, and small groups. The full schedule will be announced when details are finalized.
As always, please feel free to ask any of us if you have any questions about the search and decision process.
Kathy Burek & Michele Wallace, Co-Chairs